7 and a Half of ROCK 7 and a Half of ROCK

Great Stuff!

Thought it'd say thanks and give you a review. Good song, especailly considering it's the first time you made a song with that program.

I would recommend letting in the loops for guitar by doing creshendos, i've done that for a while and it makes it seem like it was prepared more.
I'd have said 9/10 but it's the first time you used that program, and anything less than 10 doesn't fit for this song. Great stuff. + (Yeah, the crybaby seems better)
5/5

thecoreman responds:

Thanks mate! I'll try to take the tip into consideration, I'm trying different things with different programs to see what will fit me more, but that's certainly a good way to go about it.

Thanks for the review, hope you enjoyed my song!

DJ Jester - Power Of Sound DJ Jester - Power Of Sound

It's pretty good

It sounds pretty catchy. I think you need to explore more scales and try chord progressions too. A lot of your music is simple beats attatched to simple scales, which gets you high scores. But if you want recodnizably better music, you can go deeper.

tictacmint responds:

thx for the tip, i'll check it out

Way Of Life (Demo) Way Of Life (Demo)

Needs improvemen, but, it's a demo

Whether it is computer generated, or you just make it sound like that, it makes the song seem a lot less appealing.

It seems like a remix of video game music.

1. i'd recommend redoing the song, and trying to get a more classical backing symphony part, rather than a generic oe.
2. Repition is in music as it is in literature, it's a useful tecnique but used to much it makes something seem bland. Chance keys, maybe even tunings. Experimentation is the way to get yourself out of holes musically.
3. Try to put more lengh on notes, and if you are doing everything off the computer, change the sound makers. Change how the guitars sound. Overdriven doesn't sound so good when it's done for an entire song.

Platonic Platonic

Pronunciate more

Without putting emphasis on different words and parts of words, it's just like talking to backround music. You need to sing soulfully, not just sing like you are reading off a sheet of paper.

Guitar was good, but not as good as you can do.

EverydayIHavetheBlues (fixed) EverydayIHavetheBlues (fixed)

Great recording

Much better than your past recording of the song. The vocals are a lot better in tune with the song.

1. Don't sing too loud in some parts, blues is a mellow feel feel, and you usually need to change the volume in studio on the computer when you do sing louder.
2. The blues fall isn't a change in tempo, so keep the tempo.
3. Try to keep guitar parts to short bursts not interrupting vocals.

Everyday I have the Blues Everyday I have the Blues

Descent

Your white noise problem is already fixed based on what i've heard with your other recordings, so what I can say that will help is to try recording voice and guitar seperate.

It gets a better sound. But if you want that delta blues style, you either have to deal with lots of whitenoise, or get really good equipment.

Hendrix Tribute Hendrix Tribute

Pretty good

It sounds pretty good. Effects and even practice can't really amount to Jimi's soulful playing, but tributes are good. Atleast it shows people still enjoy his music.

Try making sure you change how loud you are on certain parts, exagerate certain notes; it helps get a better sound in all.

Serapole Program Serapole Program

Good Loop

I think it was pretty good, but i'd recommend putting more emphesis upon the starts and finishes of bars. It gives a lot more command to the song; but for a test this was good.

Cracked Cracked

Synth away

The beginning like 5 seconds is good, if you could up the volume on the melody there and take out the synth I think it would sound better.

electroskunk responds:

well see, i synthed nearly everything in this song. could you be more specific? is it the fading ambient noise, or the...semi orchestral organ....or the drum beat that is the problem?

Fugue of the Apocalypse Fugue of the Apocalypse

Close to the real guys

This is really close to stuff i've listened to, skill and enjoyability wise. Jethro tull is the band that comes to mind from this song, because it's backing is based on unusual scales and rare chord progressions and cut into sections, 4 to say, (and Thick as a birck part 1 for example which was around 10 songs put into a straight 20 minute track).

Things to work on. The drums are very basic. I understand you arn't a drummer, but it would be good to have some more complex rythyms though. You don't have to do too much more though. For example, you have guys like the drummer from queen whos most challenging thing in his entire career was playing a song in 5/4. Just try to get a little more drumming. I'm not saying it has to sound like "The happiest days of our lives" from Pink Floyd's the wall, but it does need some more.

adompeace responds:

Hey! Haven't seen you in a while.

Anyway, I really don't want to go all out with the drums here because my intention for this piece was to put the focus on the melodies, since this is a fugue. If I started adding complex drum rhythms to this song, that would kill it. The drum beat is kinda catchy here so that's good enough.